Feeling parched? No worries, I got you ;)
This fizzy goodness will quench that thirst and put a smile on that face - using little sugar and natural flavors, this soda is the perfect family pleaser!
One of my favorite things about homemade soda is knowing exactly what goes into them, specially when feeding it to my family! No longer do I have to worry about excess fructose, unnatural dyes, or unnecessary ingredients - just all natural deliciousness!
What you will need:
Fruit of choice (lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit - just a few of our favorites)
Sparkling/Carbonated Water (cold)
Juicer (can use hands if you do not have one)
1) Start by zesting the outside of the fruit, you will want a good amount of zest to add to the soda mixture (this will add even more flavor to the drink).
2) Once the fruit has been zested, cut the fruit in half and use either your hands or a juicer to squeeze until all fruit has been fully juiced.
3) Place juice of fruit into a pot begin to add sugar and zest to liquid. Make sure that the soda mixture is equal parts juice to sugar - so if you squeeze only 1/2 cup of juice you use only 1/2 cup of sugar.
4) Begin to boil soda mixture together over the stove on high medium heat.
5)Continue to boil until all sugar has dissolved.
5) Once sugar has dissolved, let the soda mixture cool.
6) As the mixture cools, place a funnel into the bottle you plan on storing soda syrup in. Place the strainer on top of the funnel then a napkin unfolded inside the strainer (this will keep the syrup even more pure).
7) Begin to pour soda mixture into the strainer until all syrup has been strained.
8) Now that the syrup has been made your soda journey can now begin!
9) Place a small amount of syrup into a bottle/cup, then fill the rest of the room with sparkling/carbonated water!
10) Place it in the fridge to cool, then enjoy your homemade soda!!!