Short on time but still want to get a full body workout? Don't worry I got you ;-) !!
This circuit is quick and effective when it comes to getting that full body burn! All you need is a weight, good tunes, and those workout vibes - so let's get training!
- During squats & push press, make sure that bony landmarks (ASIS) of hip are aligned. Keep core engaged and glutes fired - ensure that power and stability comes from these areas. As you sink hips back you should feel tension within glutes and hamstrings as if fibers of muscle are recruiting. Keep feet firmly planted into the ground with tripod contact (big toe, pinkie toe, and heel pressing through the ground). As you progress through, keep shoulder down and back into back pocks and chest/chin proud.
- During your press make sure that shoulder are set with each rep. There is a tendency to want to utilize the upper traps and neck to help with assistance - but they have no business there. Relax the neck and allow your shoulders to set down and back into stability. At final press you should feel as if your shoulder locks into place with surrounding muscles working to stabilize peak position. These same muscle should be felt during the descend of lift as well - adding control and stability to the press motion.
- To get deeper into your squats try adding wedges under your feet to assist with an increase of Range of Motion!
*Landmine can be subbed with DB or KB
Circuit: 2 - 3 sets | 30 seconds each - Landmine Squat - Landmine Quarter Squat - Landmine Push Press - Landmine Goodmorning - Landmine Bent Over Row - Landmine Alternating Taps
- Landmine Quadruped Single Arm Roll Out
Movements: - Scapular Depression - Scapular Retraction
- Scapular Protraction
- Scapular Upward Rotation
- Scapular Downward Rotation - Shoulder Flexion - Elbow Extension - Elbow Flexion - Torso Flexion - Hip Extension - Hip Flexion - Knee Flexion
- Knee Extension
Muscles Used: - Scapular Depression: Lower Trapezius | Lower Serratus Anterior | Pectoralis Minor - Scapular Retraction: Rhomboids | Lower Trapezius
- Scapular Protraction: Upper | Middle | Lower Serratus Anterior
- Scapular Upward Rotation: Upper & Lower Trapezius | Upper & Lower Serratus Anterior
- Scapular Downward: Rotation: Rhomboids | Levator Scapulae - Shoulder Flexion: Anterior Deltoid | Pectoralis Major | Coracrobrachialis - Elbow Extension: Tricep (long head) | Tricep (medial head) | Tricep (lateral head) - Elbow Flexion: Bicep Brachii | Brachioradialis | Brachialis - Torso Flexion: Rectus Abdomins | Internal & External Oblique - Hip Extension: Glutius Maximus | Bicep Femoris | Semimembranosus | Semitendinosus - Hip Flexion: Psoas | Iliacus | Rectus Femoris - Knee Flexion: Bicep Femoris | Semimembranosus | Semitendinosus
- Knee Extension: Vastus Lateralis | Vastus Medialis | Vastus Intermedius
Music: Another Time