Whose ready to crush this pull and press circuit! All you need is a weight, open area, good tunes, and those workout vibes - let's get training!
- During Cross Pull movements, allow power to occur through your core as you rotate through from pull to press - glutes and hamstrings should be engaged for stability. As you pull, make sure to set shoulders down and retract scapulas as weight reaches top position. Torso should maintain neutral, ensure shoulders do not role forward and that torso does not collapse during lift.
- During your press make sure that shoulder are set with each rep. There is a tendency to want to utilize the upper traps and neck to help with assistance - but they have no business there. Relax the neck and allow your shoulders to set down and back into stability. At final press you should feel as if your shoulder locks into place with surrounding muscles working to stabilize peak position. These same muscle should be felt during the descend of lift as well - adding control and stability to the press motion.
- Perform K movement slowly and deliberately. Focus on correct muscle being utilized deep core, obliques to middle of back, you should feel work occur in muscles as you lower into lift as well as return to starting position.
*Landmine can be subbed with DB or KB
Circuit: 2 - 3 sets | 30 seconds each - Landmine Kneeling Cross Pull - Landmine Kneeling Cross Pull to Press - Landmine Single Arm Press - Landmine Kneeling K
Movements: - Scapular Depression - Scapular Retraction
- Scapular Protraction
- Scapular Upward Rotation
- Scapular Downward Rotation - Shoulder Flexion - Elbow Extension - Elbow Flexion - Torso Flexion
- Torso Rotation
- Torso Lateral Flexion - Hip Extension - Hip Flexion - Knee Flexion
Muscles Used: - Scapular Depression: Lower Trapezius | Lower Serratus Anterior | Pectoralis Minor - Scapular Retraction: Rhomboids | Lower Trapezius
- Scapular Protraction: Upper | Middle | Lower Serratus Anterior
- Scapular Upward Rotation: Upper & Lower Trapezius | Upper & Lower Serratus Anterior
- Scapular Downward: Rotation: Rhomboids | Levator Scapulae - Shoulder Flexion: Anterior Deltoid | Pectoralis Major | Coracrobrachialis - Elbow Extension: Tricep (long head) | Tricep (medial head) | Tricep (lateral head) - Elbow Flexion: Bicep Brachii | Brachioradialis | Brachialis - Torso Flexion: Rectus Abdomins | Internal & External Oblique
- Torso Rotation: Erector Spinae | Transversospinalis Group | External & Internal Obliques
- Torso Lateral Flexion: Internal Oblique | Quadratus Lumborum | Rectus Abdominis - Hip Extension: Glutius Maximus | Bicep Femoris | Semimembranosus | Semitendinosus - Hip Flexion: Psoas | Iliacus | Rectus Femoris - Knee Flexion: Bicep Femoris | Semimembranosus | Semitendinosus