Updated: Dec 17, 2021
Now that we have that homemade Enchilada sauce (check out previous post for recipe) it's time to use that homemade enchilada sauce for a quick and delicious breakfast!!
All you need is:
- Tortilla Chips: handful
- Enchilada Sauce: 1/4 cup
- Eggs 2
- Bacon: 3 -4 slices
- Shredded Cheese (Mexican Mix or Mozzarella)
- Salt & Pepper: to taste
1. Start by cooking bacon in a pan. Once bacon is cooked to your liking, remove from the pan and place to the side - keep bacon grease in pan (we will use it later)!
2. In a separate pan begin to heat up the enchilada sauce, place around medium heat and once the sauce begins to bubble place chips in the sauce. Continue to fold chips into sauce until fully coated then scoop onto plate.
3. Sprinkle a handful of cheese onto the chips and as it melts begin to fry the eggs.
4. Using a pan with bacon grease, turn heat up to about medium high and once the pan starts to slightly smoke, break an egg into the center.
5. As the egg fries, sprinkle salt and pepper on top of additional flavor. Once both eggs have been fried, place them on the side of chips and enjoy!
Stay strong and healthy my friends!