Updated: Dec 17, 2021
Time to refuel that body with a delicious and nutritious meal - easy to make and fully hubby approved!
All you need is:
- Onions (chopped and sauteed in bacon grease)
- Bacon (cooked)
- Fried Egg (fried in bacon grease)
- Biscuit (homemade or store bought)
- Avocado (smashed)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Start by warming up your biscuits within the oven. I like to place the temperature at about 215 degrees and add warm water in a shallow bowl on the bottom rack to allow for the biscuits to get a little steamed (this will make them warm and flaky)!
- Begin to cook the bacon in a pan on medium heat
- As bacon cooks, begin to chop onions (make sure to keep the chop small and similar in size)
- Once bacon is done, take it out of the pan and let it rest on a wire rack or paper towel to cool.
- Place chopped onions into the pan (with bacon grease) and begin to saute until onions are translucent and golden brown.
- Take onions out of the pan and add to avocado, then begin to fry eggs within the bacon grease.
- Take biscuits out of the oven, cut in half, then place avocado mix on top of biscuits.
- Once bacon has cooled, place bacon on top of avocado then finish by garnishing with your fried egg.
- Sprinkle additional salt and pepper as needed, then enjoy!
Stay strong and healthy my friends!